I have to admit, I never thought there would be a day I would say that I LOVE Asparagus! I tried it a few months back, and I NEVER would of thought Id have a new found love like I did cookies! So one night for dinner, I thought Hmm, let’s try something different and add Chicken. So in 7 simple ingredients here is the recipe.
Creamy Chicken & Asparagus
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- 1 lb Asparagus spears (ends trimmed & roots removed)
- 1 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup light olive oil
- 1 packet broccoli soup mix
- 2-3 tbcp Garlic/Herb or Chicken seasoning
- ¾ cup water (for broccoli soup mix)
- 2 tbsp water (for asparagus)
- First, Take your chicken and coat lightly into the seasoning mix.
- Next, on medium-high preheat a large Saute pan. Add Olive oil, then add Chicken.
- Cook chicken 5-6 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add 2Tbs water. Arrange Asparagus spears on top of chicken and cover. Cook 7-8 Mins or until Asparagus spears are tender (they will turn a different shade of green) and chicken reaches internal temp 165°F. Once cooked, transfer Asparagus spears to serving tray. Take chicken and dice into bite/nugget size and top Asparagus.
- Now, Lets make the sauce. Whisk together the ¾ cup water, greek yogurt, and broccoli soup mix in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Once sauce thickens, spoon over Asparagus & Chicken then serve.